The Company's Directors recognised a need for an Employee Handbook to contain Human Resource policies and procedures along with an update of current employee contracts.
- A comprehensive audit was undertaken to establish how the Company managed HR activities at the outset of the project.
- Existing contracts of employment were reviewed to ensure that current contractual entitlements were honoured and that any gaps required by legislation were identified.
- A project plan was created to ensure the Company's requirements were met.
- A draft Employee Handbook was designed which covered all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Statements of Terms and Conditions were prepared for all employees and a template letter was provided to confirm the new arrangements.
- A presentation was designed to sell in the new policies and procedures to the staff.
- A step by step guidance plan was designed to assist Company Directors in communicating the new documentation.
The Company now has a tailor made Employee Handbook and Statements of Terms and Conditions for every employee. These not only meet the Company's legal obligations, they also provide comprehensive details of employee and employer responsibilities.
Benefits to the Company
- The Employee Handbook provides a reference guide for employees.
- It confirms the Company's expectations of employees.
- All parties are aware of their responsibilities.
- The new documentation provides a sound rationale for the Company to deal with employment issues.
- It helps to avoid claims and disputes, but also assists in protecting the Company against any such claims.
The Company is also committed to a long term partnership with Silver Consulting, where assistance is provided on a regular basis.